Oct 16, 2011

Today.



Today is my birthday. And it's snowing. 18 years ago it was so hot that my mom went into the hospital wearing a T-shirt and shorts. And now it's snowing. There's something really really wrong with this world.
The thing that I'd like to share - I've always thought that when I finally turn 18, I'd feel free and powerful. If you had asked me, 3 years ago, whether I am impatient of that day, I'd say "Yes, I'm so impatient to get away from my parents,because they try to control me and tell me what to do with my life,  I want to start a new beginning in a foreign country; where nobody knows me, I want to meet new people, visit many places, live the way I want to. But I'll have to wait for 3 more years, unfortunately, and I hate waiting."
And now, when I finally own my "freedom" , I feel so small. Yes, I still want to travel and meet new people, I still want to live apart from my parents. Yes, I am impatient for the day when I'll pack my bags and face the world. The awaiting adventures. But I'm also so, so scared.I am still the same person I was yesterday - with my feelings, my fears, my memories.

I will be alright, of course. Curiosity overcomes fear. But first, I have to learn the art of letting go. Wonder what I'm talking about? 




















Exactly. So, I have some work to do. I suppose you do too. Happy first snow to you... and good luck!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. And if you picked up your stupid phone you'd remember that you have friends that care for you!
    Честито пълнолетие, Джо! Пожелавам ти много истинска любов, сбъднати мечти и прекрасни изживявания. I'm writing it here, so that you will see it, 'cause you saw my SMS after a day!

    ReplyDelete